Monday, April 18, 2016

Growing Wheatgrass On A Plate

Indoor wheatgrass grown using freshly ozonated water
Over the past few weeks I have been researching [applying] how to easily grow fresh wheatgrass indoors in easily manageable amounts. I have experience growing my own wheatgrass since ?? the 90's .. and I must admit large trays can get to be a problem and will get out of control.

The problem with making and drinking fresh wheatgrass that is 7-10 days old .. is that it is so intense it can make you feel "sick". Not sick in the usual way! Fresh wheatgrass is a living food packed with nutrition that also kills parasites and cleanse the blood. When you drink it - even in small amounts - it activates the whole digestive system and colon.

I wanted to create an easy method to grow manageable amounts of fresh wheatgrass indoors or on the balcony that anyone can do. Often the problem is people grow large trays and cannot drink the whole amount in one day. I don't see the point of storing it in the fridge in plastic bags. Decay at all levels increases invisible microscopic mold = that is Natural !!

I don't know! I have a very innovative mind and I carefully observe nature. The fact is that Nature is very simple very clear process at all levels. I mean .. we humans have to follow those laws of Nature in everything we do. I am going to do a new post about this .. but first show this simple method for indoor wheatgrass!









Soak organic wheat overnight and rinse with clean water. Rinse the soaked wheat 2 times a day for 2-3 days until small white roots form. Then I developed a new small indoor garden method that works better than any other methods I have used. In this earlier post I showed the simple tray method of growing wheatgrass: How I Grow Wheatgrass


Wheatgrass On A Plate
The new method I created and tested is [for me] the best of all methods for growing small amounts of fresh wheatgrass indoors or out on a balcony. I never use tap water! I use fresh ozonated water or a low PPM mineral water sprinkled lightly 1-2 times a day for moisture.

Plate Method
Spread a dense layer of sprouted organic wheat berries into a medium size plastic bag that it on top of a plate. The base of the growing mat of wheatgrass will be as large as the plate used. The plate helps give form and support to the growing mass of roots.


Growing On A Plate
Lightly close the top of the plastic bag to retain humidity and moisture.

If you use a good clean source of water mold will not grow at the roots level. Old wheat contaminated with mold may not do so well.

We should not be eating contaminated or old dry wheat [ground into flour]. If mold grows at root level do not use this method.


Seven Day Old Wheatgrass
This wheatgrass has by far the best most intense growth!

If you live in warmer climate the roots are going to dry out faster. In Nature plants retain moisture through protecting their roots in the soil. Using potted compost can be expensive and wasteful.
I simply blend the fresh wheatgrass cut from the roots using a good blender and a good source of water. The mineral water I use has a PPM reading of between 24 and 30 parts per million. I also use ozonated water! You can use high quality filtered water or distilled water.

Blending wheatgrass with water is less intense than juicing it. I drink the fresh wheatgrass once a week. I drank some yesterday .. and today I can still feel the aroma or flavor of the green juice throughout my entire gut. Similar to the effects of eating raw garlic: The aroma of raw garlic covers the entire body all the way to the outer layers of skin.

Alternatively one can wash the body with wheatgrass water [maybe in the shower] and wash it off without using soap. Yes! You may end up smelling like freshly cut grass ?? so .. wash it off with soap if you don't like to smell like a field of grass #_#