Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ginger Root Sprouts Nature's Guidance

Okay! It is 2012 and I have started to go crazy over sprouting plants...

But! I always was that way! No matter where I go plants sprout around me. I would need my own planet to grow all the beautiful plants that just spring up with no one doing anything to them.

I freshen up my store bought Lemon Grass and suddenly there are roots! I buy sweet chestnuts to cook (I am vegetarian) and when I pull the chestnuts out of the bag they are sprouting. I can't cook them! I have to plant them. This is life.

Now my Organic Ginger from Peru have grown multiple corms of new ginger!


Ginger corms are fantastic fresh food [like fresh ginger fruit] .. but I just have this instinct .. I have to plant them. So, I have this theory that the food I buy knows it is coming into a gardener's mentality household. They just sprout as fast as they can.

The birds know I will feed them and the plants know I will plant them.

2012 - Greening The Earth
It was a really strange weird winter, with way too warm temperatures and way too cold temperatures. December 2011 to January 2012 was way too warm for the winter months and mid-January to mid-February was way too cold on average. But the one thing that shows me "the future" is NATURE and the Planet's plants.

Too warm / too cold ?? Nature was just throwing roots at me .. those plants did not care .. they were just rooting and growing and saying: plant us!!

It is my belief through a lifetime of observing nature that the grass and the plants and the trees know ahead what needs to be done. Those plants know that we humans have to Green The Planet.

Human populations spent the last 2,000 years destroying the trees, destroying the forests, destroying the soil-fungi that feeds the plant's root systems and keeps them healthy. Humans have damaged the natural healthy soil bacteria's over the last 200 years.

The Roman Empire's Alpha male (excuse my French) thinks that the surrounding physical world is an inferior biological system set there to serve man. Like, that man is above the Earth. Get a brain!!

The human body is woven from the life of the Earth. There is no human being without the Earth; but the Planet can survive without man. In fact, the Earth would be a lot healthier if humans did not exist. The Planet does not need us; but we need the Planet.

Not only that! All the creatures of the Earth clothe us and feed us and house us. A blackbird or an eagle has its own feathers - but humans clothe themselves in the fabric of their plant brothers and sisters. Let's get the facts straight!

We humans need plants, the plants don't need us. We humans need animals, the animals don't need us. We humans need the resources of the planet, the resources don't need us. All of nature is guiding us to respect life, to respect nature and grow - grow - grow.

We have to put the green back into the Earth.

One could say that the plants and creatures and animals, the fungi and the bacteriological life forms are guiding mankind back to sanity, back to himself, back to herself. They are the living support system. They are the living Planetary Operating system. Guiding us back to health.

In many ways the human being is a plant - growing on the surface of the Earth.

People need to learn how to grow food. To get in touch with the basics that allow us humans to exist and be healthy. I can tell you that in 2012 the Planet's plants are throwing themselves at us root, branch and leaf...

Trees and plants have a very powerful relationship with mankind. They are the elders. The first life forms on this Planet were bacteria, yeasts, mold and fungi, ferns, plankton and algae. Add to that volcanic soil and volcanic ash.

Everywhere I look they are cutting down trees. The new tree cutting gamers claim it is because the trees have to be thinned. In reality, the trees are a resource and the people cutting them down need money. The Earth is a resource.

Nature is saying to us it is time to start planting. You can plant grass, food, trees, whatever .. put the natural fungi back into the soil. Put the organic nutrients back into the soil. I am teaching myself how this can be done.

It is great to have spouting Lemongrass and sprouting Ginger roots - but how do I plant them and keep them healthy? What do the plants need? Because, the soil is also a dynamic living organism. You don't need "Carbon taxes" . . . you need life, microorganisms, healthy soil, growing greens and lots and lots of trees...